MMB opens in new tab

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Sun Jul 28 23:39:10 BST 2002

On Sunday 28 July 2002 18:18, Doug Hanley wrote:
> Would you be willing to put some time into that?

I'd love to! Using QTabBar is hardly any fun, since no matter what we do
it's still going to be a hack.

> I was thinking we could make the new tab bar more like opera's too, i
> find their's to be better for internet browsing.

Hmm, I don't know about that, Opera uses workspace to menage its windows
and their tabbar is just a detachable toolbar with bunch of 'toggle
buttons' on it. But that brings another good question, does tabbed
browsing need necessarily QTabBar like widget or should it be be done
with an entirely different widget? IMHO,  Mozilla is the best of all
the tabbed browsers (Skipstone was the first one that was using it,
wasn't it?) and would go with a solution similar to theirs. The one
thing that I'm not sure is whether placing arrow buttons is a better
solution than scaling tabs. What do you think?

Zack

--
Asking if computers can think is like asking if submarines can swim.