MMB opens in new tab

Doug Hanley hanleyman at adelphia.net
Sun Jul 28 16:42:45 BST 2002

Zack Rusin wrote:
> Yeah, it's great but it still doesn't work with some mimetypes. To try
> it go over to www.kernel.org and click on one of the changelogs, in
> fact try to open any link containing a reference to a simple txt
> document in a new tab. I just compiled kdelibs and kdebase and I get an
> error box when I click on any link referencing anything else than a
> html page, the error box says
> "Could not create view for text/plain
> The diagnostics is:"

I don't get that over here, for me it works just as excpected.  Maybe its
something else thats causing the problem.  However, I do have a build from
about a week and a half a ago (except for konqueror which is new).

> Doug do you have time to look into it or do you want me to take the
> honors? :) Oh, and as always on Saturday afternoon, I did something
> completely useless and added a custom paintEvent to KonqTabBar to add a
> custom widget to close the tabs since right clicking and picking a menu
> item was a little cumbersome. For now it looks super corny, since I
> only cared about getting the basic functionality there, so it's just a
> plain button, without anything on it (probably it'd be a good idea to
> draw there the same widget KWin draws for the close window button) and
> looks like this:
> http://vortex.bd.psu.edu/~mus11/img/konq1.png

Great work, I think it looks really good personally!  And I think having it
the same as KWin is a good idea too.  One question, what happens when the tab
bar gets too wide, does it play well with those little scroll arrow thingies?

> Should I add this to 3.2 features list, or does anyone think that
> there's a better/cleaner way of doing this (close button on every tab?
> close button somewhere on the frame? something even weirder than the
> last two?)

I think this is the best way to do it.  I've used it a lot on mozilla and I've
always liked it.