MMB opens in new tab

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Sun Jul 28 03:46:52 BST 2002

On Saturday 27 July 2002 21:57, David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 22 July 2002 17:05, Doug Hanley wrote:
> > On Friday 19 July 2002 12:45 pm, David Faure wrote:
> > > A much smaller solution (less code changes) would have been to
> > > add the newTab bool to the KonqOpenURLRequest struct. That's
> > > exactly what it's there for: to easily add new "do this when
> > > opening this URL" data, without having to change so much API.
> > > Sorry that I didn't think of mentionning this earlier. I
> > > understand if you don't want to rewrite this patch yet another
> > > time (but in all theory it would be cleaner to have it in
> > > KonqOpenURLRequest ;-) Do whichever way you prefer.
> >
> > Alright, that wasn't too hard.  Well I know you're on vacation
> > right now (hope you're enjoying it), so I guess I'll just say
> > here's the patch, anyone have any objections?  If not, I'll commit.
>
> Very cool patch. Much cleaner. Thanks a lot.

Yeah, it's great but it still doesn't work with some mimetypes. To try
it go over to www.kernel.org and click on one of the changelogs, in
fact try to open any link containing a reference to a simple txt
document in a new tab. I just compiled kdelibs and kdebase and I get an
error box when I click on any link referencing anything else than a
html page, the error box says
"Could not create view for text/plain
 The diagnostics is:"
Doug do you have time to look into it or do you want me to take the
honors? :) Oh, and as always on Saturday afternoon, I did something
completely useless and added a custom paintEvent to KonqTabBar to add a
custom widget to close the tabs since right clicking and picking a menu
item was a little cumbersome. For now it looks super corny, since I
only cared about getting the basic functionality there, so it's just a
plain button, without anything on it (probably it'd be a good idea to
draw there the same widget KWin draws for the close window button) and
looks like this:
http://vortex.bd.psu.edu/~mus11/img/konq1.png
Should I add this to 3.2 features list, or does anyone think that
there's a better/cleaner way of doing this (close button on every tab?
close button somewhere on the frame? something even weirder than the
last two?)

Zack Rusin

--
It's Like This Even the samurai have teddy bears, and even the teddy
bears get drunk.