MMB opens in new tab

Stephan Binner binner at kde.org
Mon Jul 15 19:55:33 BST 2002

Doug Hanley <hanleyman at adelphia.net>:

> So you're saying only to do the tab code in the first slotCreateNewWindow

The second one seems to be only called by khtmlpart when Shift-MMB clicking an
URL which atm means "open in new background window" and is known by few users.

I would love to leave it unchanged as escape when you have activated "Open
links in new tab instead of in new window". This one could by changed to a
combobox "Open in Window/Tab/Background Tab". Override for this is RMB menu.

> I made some code that allowed for the switching of tabs, but unfortunately I
> couldn't figure out how to catch keyboard events (e.g. Shift+Left/Right), so
> I couldn't finish it.  I tried KAccel, but it didn't seem to work.

Create KAction with proper shortcut, insert in correct collection and connect
it to the slot. But Shift+Left/Right shortcuts seem not possible to assign. :(

> As for the query close dialog, I have that too, but it doesn't have the
> "Don't show this in the future" check box.  Is there an easy way to do that?

See KMessagebox, the dontAskAgainName parameters.
But there have to be a GUI in the control center to reenable it!

> As for close buttons, that would definitely involve custom widget painting,
> something which I have absolutely no experience with, so I probably won't be

Neither do I. :-)

Bye,
   Steve