smb slave

Patrick pch at valleeurope.net
Thu Jul 25 22:16:29 BST 2002

On Tuesday 23 July 2002 22:46, aleXXX wrote:
[...]
> Hi Patrick,
>
> on which smb ioslave do you want to work ?
> kdebase/kioslave/smb or kdebase/kioslave/smbro ?
> What do you want to add ?
Ciao Alex,
i would like to have add something like  "clean network view"
I'm working in a large network and when i use the konqueror with lisa for
example i get all the server without any logical sort on the other hands the
smb protocols just show me the shared folder without any information about
the server and also there are no indication about domain (i don't know how to
find the  PDC or a printer..)
My idea is to @ first click have a choice on with angle i want to see my
network(let's say for example all http, NFS, or windows domains..) the if i
choose the smb get a different icons for servers and workstation...have a way
to map shared folder..
About the kioslave can you explain me why we need 2 slaves? (i didn't start
looking at code).

Patrick