overflow: (Re: HTML for KMail ...)

Jos van den Oever oever at fenk.wau.nl
Mon Jul 22 15:53:21 BST 2002

On Monday 22 July 2002 16:47, Germain Garand wrote:

> > > Isn't it a proprietary IE "extension" to HTML ? evil... ;)
> >
> > no, it's html 4
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/present/frames.html#h-16.5
>
> damn... yet another urban legend...
> I'd better pull out the dust on my specs :/
>
> G.
Your comment caused me to read the spec and test the combination of <iframe>
and xhtml transitional a bit. <iframe> does not exist in my favourite: xhtml
strict.

I found a small bug: an empty iframe (<iframe src="www.kde.org"/> ignores all
text after it. This is not the case for <iframe src="www.kde.org"></iframe>.

Example: