overflow: (Re: HTML for KMail ...)

Jos van den Oever oever at fenk.wau.nl
Fri Jul 19 15:22:57 BST 2002

On Friday 19 July 2002 16:17, Vadim Plessky wrote:
> To be precise and clarify:  there are *no* pre-defined tags (elements) in
> XML. And child element *doesn't inherit* properties of its parent.
> So you need to apply { display: XXX } on every element
>
> XXX can be block, inline, inline-block, marker, etc. (see CSS2 and CSS3
> specs)
But if you use XHTML you have a first cascading stylesheet and just write one
for the differences.

> inline-block is *top* in my Wishlist.
> MS IE 6 / Windows and MAc IE5.x support display: inline-block

Mine too. I just submitted a bug about the lack of table-inline, which is
basically the same. http://bugs.kde.org/db/45/45443.html
It would be great for many layout features. I'd be great for photo-galleries.
e.g.
http://www.fenk.wageningen-ur.nl/~oever/pll/gallery/index.html