overflow: (Re: HTML for KMail ...)

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Fri Jul 19 09:23:17 BST 2002

On Thursday 18 July 2002 23:57, Jos van den Oever wrote:
> And every browser has lots of bugs.
> This little piece of html triggered a bug related to anonymous table
> elements. I've just submitted it:
>
>  http://bugs.kde.org/db/45/45458.html

I like that one! I didn't know about display: table-row/table-cell. In that
case I agree that we can ditch table as tag altogether and use divs instead.
I only wonder how useful it is, because essentially you require the same
capabilities from your browser. I'd have to read the specs on those
properties to understand the rationale behind them I guess...

> Oh Martijn, while you're reading: a request for the bug reporting form.
> When looking for similar bugs, would it be possible to just list the ones
> in the same or similar components?

Often requested, and almost impossible with our ht://dig search backend.
ht://dig is black magic for me anyway, it's a part of the bug wizard that I
don't maintain at all and for which I exclusively rely on Daniel Naber to fix
and maintain it. (Not that I have much time to spend on the rest either...)
--
Martijn