Is someone working on #41620 ?

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.com
Thu Jul 18 15:25:52 BST 2002

Le Jeudi 18 Juillet 2002 14:46, David Faure a écrit :

> On Thursday 18 July 2002 13:56, Germain Garand wrote:
> > This is a very important one... that is : if a konqueror view switches to
> > text mode, it never goes back... even if you span new tabs !
> >
> > For instance, try to view those CSS:
> > http://www.phoenix-library.org/phoenix.css
> >
> > Then manually correct the URL to go back to root (or hit the "up"
> > button)... Yep. HTML is now displayed as text. As well as any subsequent
> > URL.
>
> The kate part handles this mimetype, so it gets reused for it.
> See previous discussions.
> We can't solve this in a generic way, since the generic way is correct
> (reuse current part if it handles the given mimetype).

Though, there's a preference order about what part is linked to what
mimetype...
If what lead to the invocation of the current part is a given mimetype, it's
fine to keep it if we are given the *same* mimetype for the following
document.
But, IMO, if the mimetype differ, the correct behaviour should be to check
what's the preferred viewer for this new mimetype ...
Just a thought.

> Since so many
> people complain about it, we might have to add a hack then
>(but
> the few who actually want to see the source of HTML/CSS code
> won't understand why it reverts to khtml...)

well there's a well known "view document source" function just for that... I'd
bet it would make perfect sense for 999 ‰ of us...

> Spanning new tabs shouldn't do that though, IMHO. That's a different issue.

Agree !

G.