JVM issue

Till Krech till at snafu.de
Tue Jul 16 02:15:58 BST 2002

Hi,
On Monday 15 July 2002 18:29, ian reinhart geiser wrote:
> Greetings
> 	Now I will be the first to admit this is a BAD webpage and the author
> should be beaten but please look at:
> 	http://www.gigafast.com
>
> You will notice the numbnuts used java applets to do the rollovers, well
> the issue with this is that over the course of 1.5 minutes they all appear.
>  They are the same applet, so in theory they should just be multiple
> instances loaded.  Not X applets loaded.

There is only one JVM. Since the applets come all from the same page, there is
only one Classloader which loads the Applet class/classes only once. The
Loaded classes are cached internally and not fetched again over the network.

This one class is instantiated multiple times though and every applets acts
autonomosly. I fear, there can be nothing improved on this bad page ;)

> Is it possible with what we have currently to get all of these to
> communicate and load one applet X times instead of loading X applets?
That's what's happening now. They do not communicate but they have all one
creator.

regards, till

--
SuSE Linux 8.0 (i386) 2.4.18-64GB-SMP