MMB opens in new tab

Stephan Binner binner at kde.org
Sun Jul 14 20:47:47 BST 2002

Doug Hanley wrote:

> I was checking out the webcvs logs and I noticed that there was some sign of
> a mmb opens in new tab patch coming soon.  I'm not sure if you've already

http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdebase/konqueror/konq_mainwindow.cc.diff?r1=1.1018&r2=1.1019

This is result of yesterday night hacking (note missing mimetype, only in one
slotCreateNewWindow) after the question for it came up on #kde irc channel.

> if you haven't started yet, but I just wanted to tell you that I have that
> feature already in my tree, so I guess I'll just show you what I have right

If something at least partly works (and doesn't break anything else) I propose
you commit what you have more frequently to CVS. And at this state of release
it is also a good idea to list features you will implement in the KDE 3.1
feature list so others can see what you are working on.

> Also, I though that the options for tabs should go under a "Tabbed Browsing"
> tab in the "Web Browsing->Konqueror Browser", because tabbed browsing is
> used almost exclusively for web surfing, so this would seem the most

I'm not happy with current position too, as it's in a different dialog than
"Right click goes back in history" which works for file-mode too. I wouldn't
say that tabbed browsing will be exclusively used for web surfing. :-)

> So, if you've whipped up some code for this already, i would love to see it,
> so that way we can kind of pool our resources, and come up with the best
> sollution.

See above, I guess your solution is more advanced (because you know the code).
Feel free to replace the commit. Can you comment on if you plan/work to im-
plement keyboard shortcuts to switch tabs, close query dialog, close buttons?

Bye,
   Steve