how Windows browsers encode URL [Re: why the % cruft?]

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Thu Jul 11 12:34:48 BST 2002

On Thursday 11 July 2002 2:57 am, Germain Garand wrote:
|  Le Mercredi 10 Juillet 2002 22:05, Hetz Ben Hamo a écrit :
[...]
|  2)
|  Then again, if I simply copy/paste Hebrew chars (copy/paste works in
| utf-8, right?) from the page into the URL, they are incorrectly translated
| to %3Fs when I confirm.
|  e.g :   מצלמות

And if you test the same with Google in Mozilla, you will get:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=+%D7%A4%D7%9C%D7%95%D7%A1+&btnG=Google+Search
(I was searching for  פלוס )

Try to open URL above in Konq - and you will see the same page as in Mozilla.
So, we just need to way to get a right page, using right encoding.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)