why the % cruft?

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Tue Jul 9 11:27:57 BST 2002

On Monday 08 July 2002 11:49 pm, Germain Garand wrote:
|  Le Lundi 08 Juillet 2002 20:04, Hetz Ben Hamo a écrit :
|  > The question is - why only ISO 8859-1 and not in UTF (8 or 16)?
|
|  This is a Google preference - nothing to do with konqui.
|   http://www.google.com/preferences -> russian
|  or use the "gg:" shortcut, it is set to use UTF-8

wrong!
Try  gg:пример
and you will get
http://www.google.com/search?q=%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F
IIRC this behavior/scenario has been reported already (don't remember bug no.)

As about preferences: they are not required under Windows (MS IE).
So we need to fix Konq and KURL here, and release KDE 3.0.3 with this fix.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)