NSPlugin changes

Till Krech till at snafu.de
Sat Jul 6 22:12:03 BST 2002

On Saturday 06 July 2002 19:53, Malte Starostik wrote:
> Am Saturday 06 July 2002 17:29 schrieb George Staikos:

> > > I saw the same problem in reaktivate where we xembed a wine window as
> > > well. But only sometimes and under certain conditions. I'd think it's a
> > > general issue with wine and embedding.
> >
> >   Do you know any clever debugging techniques we could use to see what
> > exactly is happening?  Perhaps it would allow us to make patch for wine.
>
> Not exactly, but be warned: debugging wine is a PITA at first. I never
> looked into this one any further, but I'd guess a good start would be to
> trace any message like WM_MOUSEMOVE, WM_{L,M,R}BTNCLICK etc. for their
> coordinates. IIRC the problem didn't show up until the embed parent was
> moved, e.g. the coords are right in the starting position but after moving
> the konqueror window around or after a relayout they sometimes end up
> wrongly translated. Maybe someone one wine-devel has more useful hints
> about this...

This sounds like the same problem, I saw with java applets. Could you please
try the attached pach for kdelibs/kdeui/qxembed.cpp and test if the problem
still persists ?
Please note that this is not a fix. If this patch is applied we will have
problems with java applets again.

greetings, till

--
SuSE Linux 8.0 (i386) 2.4.18-64GB-SMP