NSPlugin changes

Malte Starostik malte at kde.org
Sat Jul 6 18:53:12 BST 2002

Am Saturday 06 July 2002 17:29 schrieb George Staikos:
> On July 5, 2002 22:57, Malte Starostik wrote:

> > >   Why is that the only affected plugin then?  I have yet to find
> > > another plugin which has this problem.  Using xwininfo revealed some
> > > details on where the mouse clicks were interpreted to be, but that was
> > > long ago and I forget the details now.  I didn't get a response from
> > > the crossover guys when I emailed them about this.
> >
> > I saw the same problem in reaktivate where we xembed a wine window as
> > well. But only sometimes and under certain conditions. I'd think it's a
> > general issue with wine and embedding.
>
>   Do you know any clever debugging techniques we could use to see what
> exactly is happening?  Perhaps it would allow us to make patch for wine.
Not exactly, but be warned: debugging wine is a PITA at first. I never looked
into this one any further, but I'd guess a good start would be to trace any
message like WM_MOUSEMOVE, WM_{L,M,R}BTNCLICK etc. for their coordinates.
IIRC the problem didn't show up until the embed parent was moved, e.g. the
coords are right in the starting position but after moving the konqueror
window around or after a relayout they sometimes end up wrongly translated.
Maybe someone one wine-devel has more useful hints about this...
--
Malte Starostik
PGP: 1024D/D2F3C787 [C138 2121 FAF3 410A 1C2A  27CD 5431 7745 D2F3 C787]