Java applet not found (problem in the official DOM testsuite)

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 19 20:16:38 GMT 2002

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, David Faure wrote:

> I need help figuring out the most important breakage Konqueror currently
> have with the DOM testsuite (the one made by the W3C).
>
> Can one of the Java experts (Till, Koos...) have a look at this problem?
> Please
> 1. download this Zip file: http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/DOM-javabug.tar.bz2
> 2. run konqueror jsunit/testRunner.html
> 3. click Browse and select javabug/HTMLAppletElement01.html
> 4. click Run - with the current Konqueror, that's the tricky part. The onclick
> event is partly broken, clicking on the button doesn't work. Try clicking right
> above the button (1 or 2 pixels above it), until it disables itself (then it worked).

How this come?. Anyway doesn't work for me (or I can't count to two :)

> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.w3c.domts.DOMTSApplet

But I get a ClassNotFoundException when loading the first time. A reload
seems to work.
Hmmm no error with
http://localhost/~koos/DOM-javabug/javabug/HTMLAppletElement01.html
Maybe trouble with CODEBASE and file urls. Can you confirm this?
Otoh it's hard to reproduce.

baseURL = file://home/koos/public_html/DOM-javabug/javabug/applet.html,
fails,
baseURL = file:/home/koos/public_html/DOM-javabug/javabug/applet.html
succeeds

I think kjas has troubles with file://

Koos