Redirections and interactions w/ webdav, kdirlister, klistjob, and kfiledialog

Hamish Rodda meddie at yoyo.its.monash.edu.au
Sat Aug 31 12:51:08 BST 2002

I'm troubleshooting bug #46849, which appears a complex interaction between
the classes in the subject line.

What I need to know first is what behaviour a slave should have once it has
called redirection().  Should it call finished(), or just return?

At the moment, opening a file dialog and entering webdav://okmaybe.com/ causes
a crash as follows:

kio_http:
1. listJob() is called
2. a redirection() is issued
3. finished() is called

The call to finished() causes a crash in kdirlister because it is receiving a
result with the old url, where it was expecting the new url.  I think this
shouldn't be happening anyway, because the result cannot be relevant.

However, when I change it such that finished() is not called, listJob does not
process the redirection, as it seems to wait for finished() before it
re-shedules itself to list the contents of the redirected directory.  So, we
have a cyclic problem...

Which of these is at fault?? Then I know which one to fix :)

Thanks,

Hamish.