Konqueror Toolbar problem and Crash

Justin T. purplegecko at gmx.net
Sat Aug 31 12:32:32 BST 2002

Heya...

I have been seeing a problem that is really annoying and have opened up a bug
(http://bugs.kde.org/db/46/46231.html and duplicate from today
http://bugs.kde.org/db/47/47189.html) ... but seeing as there are a lot of
bugs, I thought I would mention it here.

The problem is easiest to see on http://www.kde-look.org .

To duplicate:

1) I believe you must be using tabs and have it set to open up links in a new
tab.

2) Go to http://www.kde-look.org

3) Click on any of the links there

4) On this new page click on the image to get a full version of the new image.

5) Click on the image or the "Close" HREF to close the tab.

You have now aquired an extra MainToolBar[KHTMLPART], including the menu and
icons that go with it.  You will also want to make sure that you do not go
into the "Settings -> Configure Toolbars" or right click and try to setup
toolbars there as this will cause Konqui to crash.  This also seems to start
slowing down Konqui as you get more and more icons and menu items.

Just thought I would mention this in the hopes that someone can find out where
the problem lies (I would do this myself, however I am no programmer and have
no idea where to start looking for the solution to this problem :)

Justin T