Konqueror's user agent string (again)

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Mon Aug 19 14:14:11 BST 2002

On Saturday 17 August 2002 10:37 am, Roland Seuhs wrote:
|  Hi!
|
|  In current CVS, Konqueror identifies as Konqueror/3.0 again, please change
| it back to Konqueror/3
|
|  If you look at browser statistics (I've found
|  http://www.zyn.de/htstats/usage_200208.html#TOPAGENTS on the web as an
|  example) you see that several Konqueror versions are in the statistics on
|  lower ranks.

can we have:
 ... Konqueror/3; rev3.1  ..

Reason: some CSS bugs are fixed in current CVS, and I really want to be able
to distinguish Konq 3.0 (3.0.1, 3.0.2) from 3.1
Same is valid for upcoming Konq 3.2 :-)

|  Because most sites monitor only the first 15 or 10 browsers, Konqueror
| doesn't even show up in most statistics, and with KDE .x versions coming
| out every couple of months will never have a chance to get in. Also, with
| KDE becoming more mature, people will upgrade less often, which will make
| it even harder for a single Konqueror-version to enter the top-10.

Yes, these are good reasons.
But I think adding rev.3.1 (like Mozilla) will help!

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)