Inverted widget colors again

Michael Reiher michael.reiher at gmx.de
Sat Aug 10 18:49:41 BST 2002

Jelmer Feenstra wrote:

> On Friday 09 August 2002 00:12, Michael Reiher wrote:
>
> > So could you please, please make khtml _always_ default to _same_
> > background/foreground colors if either one isn't specified? IMHO this is
> <cut>
>
> IMO the best way to handle this would be to have an option to be able to apply
> a custom stylesheet _before_ any stylesheets the page in question comes up
Hmm, to me this sounds over complicated from a users POV. I guess 99% of all
users including me would never ever want/be able to create a custom style
sheet. And I don't see what else this flexibility should be good for. However
I, and I guess most other users, don't care how this is handled technically, as
long as it is as easy as setting two colors. Which is the whole point, IMHO.

Further you can already set custom stylesheets, but they make things just
worse. Or can I conclude from your words that those are applied only after all
other stylesheets i.e. are no defaults in that sence?

> with. This way the user can create it's own deafult colors scheme for khtml,
> without being it applied all the time, even when the page defines it's colors
> correctly.
Well, that was my point, to use these colors _only_ if not explicitly set by
the webpage. But then always.

(Overriding explicitly set colors would just bring problems again e.g. if the
background is a bitmap with a fixed color. Of course one could also just leave
away those, but the result looks just ugly. If i see it right this is what the
custom stylsheets do you can already set.)

Greets

Michael