Inverted widget colors again

Michael Reiher michael.reiher at gmx.de
Thu Aug 8 23:12:36 BST 2002

Hi!

There are still issues with default colors when using inverted widget themes.
First there are still cases of "normal" text where the fonts are hardly
readable, see e.g. http://www.adobe.de below the big headline "Die Vorteile von
Acrobat Produkten" (I don't know if that is an example for all cases left,
though). And second, form elements often set only either fore- or background
color so I end up with light grey on white or black on dark blue, see e.g.
http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de. (Yesterday I almost booked an additional feature
because it was checked although I thought it wasn't. And here things start to
get ugly.)

So could you please, please make khtml _always_ default to _same_
background/foreground colors if either one isn't specified? IMHO this is the
only way to go. Otherwise I guess we will allways end up with cases where you
can't read something. Of course we would need to have sane default colors then.
The most simply way, black on white(as it's partly now). So one can at least
always read the stuff. Also these are probably the colors web designers presume
to be default. But I guess people will object here because they want to see
their dark dreen on light orange everywhere. In fact there is no problem at all
as long as you use some dark on some light color, and it looks nicer and more
integrated after all. So better would be of courcse if they were configurable
as part of the color schemes, just like e.g. link colors. Then sane defaults
(other than black on white) could be provided/adjusted for all color schemes.

Greets

Michael