DOM Level 2 HTML (fwd)

Philippe Le Hegaret plh at w3.org
Wed Aug 7 15:57:03 BST 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-07 at 04:56, David Faure wrote:
> > I am contacting you as one of the developers of the Konqueror Web
> > browser. If you're not the right person to contact, please let me know
> > who I should contact or don't hesitate to forward this message to the
> > appropriate developers or forums.
>
> Hello Philippe,
> I have been working on the JS DOM bindings of Konqueror/KHTML too,
> and Peter forwarded your mail. (kfm-devel is the mailing-list with the
> Konqueror developers, the name is from the old times when Konqueror
> was named KFM :)

I used the information at
http://www.konqueror.org/developers.html

> > The test suite is developed by a public independent effort [3]. They are
> > currently struggling in making the framework to run the tests compatible
> > with implementations (and any help would be welcome on that ;) but
> > hopefully they will be done in time for the end of August.
> > So if the Konqueror team is interested in participating in our effort,
> > please let me know and we can see what needs to be done to run the tests
> > inside Konqueror.
> Yes, this sounds very interesting.

but unfortunately, not easy at all. The Mozilla developers helped us a
lot to develop the new version of the framework [1] (and fixed a few
bugs in the future release of Netscape 7 :).

> I guess the first step would be to try out the "DOM Level 1" tests inside Konqueror,
> to see if there's any framework problem. I'll try doing that today. I have subscribed
> to www-dom-ts, I guess that'll be the best place for posting the results? (Those
> that have an impact on the test suite, not those that reflect bugs in konq ;)

Try the version developed by Bob Clary as well. The first version of the
DOM Level 1 TS was more IE specific than it should have been
unfortunately, especially since IE does not support ECMAScript. Anyway,
this explains why the JSUnit is being fixed in order to run on other web
browsers as well.
I cc'ed Dimitris Dimitriadis on this message since he is the (volunteer)
DOM TS lead and is in charge of making sure that the DOM WG keeps and
W3C members companies keep track of what the DOM TS is doing,

Regards,

Philippe

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom-ts/2002Jun/0025.html

--
Philippe Le Hegaret - http://www.w3.org/People/LeHegaret/
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Technical staff