PATCH: Re: RFE : auto-accept of session cookies

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sat Apr 27 06:48:09 BST 2002

On Friday 26 April 2002 17:19, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Friday 26 April 2002 02:14 pm, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > On Friday 26 April 2002 01:41 pm, Hervé wrote:
> > > It works perfectly well on my computer.
> > > The only problem now is that this parameter is hidden : I found that I
> > > should modify the GUI in kdebase/kcontrol/kio, but I'm really not an
> > > expert in KDE GUI, so it will take me more time to do it (and for the
> > > moment, the hidden parameter is sufficient for my personal use).
> >
> > I'm not sure how to add a GUI for that that is straightforward... maybe
> > two checkboxes:
> >
> > "[x] Accept all temporary cookies for main document." (Combination 1)
> > "[X] Reject all cookies not related to main document." (Combinations 2
> > and 4)
>
> Seems that someone had this idea before me:
>
> From http://bugs.kde.org/db/26/26766.html:
> > It would be nice to have the options:
> >
> > [] Allow only session cookies
> > [] Reject cross-domain cookies

> Then the only problem left is to find out the "cross-domain-ness" of a
> cookie.

IMHO the only way we can solve this is to send a meta-data from the calling
application, something like "Base-URL" and pass this parameter to the
cookiejar for comparison.

Also another feature for which someone provided a patch a while back was the
ability to accept all cookies as "session cookies".  IIRC, the person added
this as one of the radio button options in the cookiejar dialog.  I think
both you and I rejected the patch at the time for whatever reason I cannot
recall right now.  This feature also probably appeals to some people as well.

Regards,
Dawit A.