PATCH: Re: RFE : auto-accept of session cookies

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Sat Apr 27 00:08:48 BST 2002

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 02:14:24PM -0700, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> 1) session-based cookies from same host as mainpage (accept)
> 2) session-based cookies from host other as mainpage (deny)
> 3) permanent cookies from same host as mainpage (ask)
> 4) permanent cookies from host other as mainpage (???)
>
> I'm not sure how to add a GUI for that that is straightforward... maybe two
> checkboxes:

Just add one combobox

Accept temporary session cookies: [Ask|Always|If Host Matches Document]

Shouldn't that be sufficient? After all, for permanent cookies we want to
use the existing system and for session cookies we either want either the
exiting system, the ad-safe option or the "sure whatever" option.

For session-based cookies, we
> "[x] Accept all temporary cookies for main document." (Combination 1)
> "[X] Reject all cookies not related to main document." (Combinations 2 and 4)
>
> Then the next problem is that I don't know what the main document is. This is
> usually the referrer, unless the document is a main document itself.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "This [party] is your idea of hell?"
cap at capsi.com | "Actually, in hell you tend to know a lot of the people"