Basic Live Connect support for java

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 26 14:53:39 BST 2002

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> I still think setting up a khtml_plugin interface should be done first.
> So maybe
>
> Create a khtml/plugin dir which contains contains a khtml_plugin.so that
> is loaded by khtml when needed. It also declares a DCOP interface in
> the html widget (konqueror-xxx html-widgetx pluginx), that can do JS
> calls (evalJS will do). A khtml_plugin has also a QWidget derive.
> A libkhtmlplugin.so that contains a DCOP interface for
> put/get/call/init/start/getWinId calls. These are called from
> khtml_plugin.so.

Thinking of this a bit further, can DCOP be used for dynamic object
traversal? E.g.
   dcop konqueror-xxx html-widgetx pluginx
shows all members of this plugin (applet).
   dcop konqueror-xxx html-widgetx pluginx myobject
shows all members of this applet's member object.
Then we would need a JS->DCOP implementation in khtml_plugin.so.
This also looks a bit like the new Mozilla -> corba -> plugin stuff.