tabbed browsing bugs

David Faure david at mandrakesoft.com
Fri Apr 19 08:05:36 BST 2002

On Friday 19 April 2002 07:18, George Staikos wrote:
> On April 18, 2002 19:33, Doug Hanley wrote:
>
> > >   Oh I see.  It was only working on the linked tab.  Hmm this may not be
> > > obvious to the user.  It might be better to have the sidebar work with
> > > whichever tab is visible.  What does everyone else think?
> >
> > Does this imply that the sidebar should affect whatever the active view is?
> > If it does then I would have no objections.  Also, if we make that change,
> > would we really need the concept of linked views at all?
>
>   Yes.   I don't know exactly what linked views really does (in its entirety)
> so I can't recommend removing it at this point.

It links views. Any number of views, not only the sidebar with another view.
See the "preview" profile for another use of that feature.
Do not remove it.
However, it would make sense that the sidebar gets linked with views of the
currently visible tab
(i.e. if any view in another tab has the "link checkbox" checked, it won't have
any effect, until that tab is made visible).
This is simply about changing the "view-follows-view" code to only honour
the visible tab, but also about checking the "linked" checkbox when creating
a new tab with a view in it? IIRC the old code auto-checked a view when it
was the only one, now this has to be "the only visible one" (besides
the sidebar).

David FAURE, david at mandrakesoft.com, faure at kde.org
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/