konqueror wants to open a page with Kate

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sun Apr 14 00:33:50 BST 2002

On Friday 12 April 2002 13:00, Darrell Esau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've recently installed some new authentication programs for a web
> application.  Now when I try to load the app using Konqueror, it insists
> that it would like to open it with Kate.

This can happen for several reasons.  The remote site is returning no
"Content-Type" header forcing kio_http to guess the mime-type from the
content, the remote side sending the wrong mime-type or you having the
wrong mime-type association in konqy.  Anyways, the best way to determine
this type of problem is to look at the debug output from kio_http.  Please use
following steps to obtain the debug ouput:

Add the following lines to your kdebugrc file.  Usually at
$KDEHOME/share/config/kdebugrc:

[7103]
InfoOutput=0
InfoFilename=/tmp/http.log

[7113]
InfoOutput=0
InfoFilename=/tmp/http.log

Restart KDE and attempt your connection again.  You should see the
requests to and response from the server in this file...

Regards,
Dawit A.

[snipped]