Weird problem with khtml/kjs

Harri Porten porten at trolltech.com
Sat Apr 13 10:36:12 BST 2002

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, George Staikos wrote:

> Notice the third line  "create part for ["   and it terminates without even a
> <CR>.  It just runs right into the next debug line.  It should have
> "application/x-shockwave-flash]\n" there.  This site is really messy to
> debug, but I think that somehow it forms this data via JS and it's getting
> corrupted.  Perhaps a NULLish character is being inserted at the start of the
> string?  (how?)

This could be done by escape sequences. Either for Unicode (\uXXXX), Hex
or Octal. Might be that we misinterpret some char sequence. Also watch out
for calls to escape()/unescape(). I think it's the GlobalObject.js test in
khtmltests that shows that we have a different (but saner) behaviour than
Netscape.

Harri.