Weird problem with khtml/kjs

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sat Apr 13 04:05:39 BST 2002

The site is www.ticketmaster.ca.  It serves an ad

The problem is that there is somehow a NULL or other similar unprintable
character at the very beginning of the mimetype variable in khtml_part
processObjectRequest.  It causes many messageboxes to appear asking if the
user wants to download a flash plugin for "[]application/x-shockwave-flash"
where the [] are the square box for an unprintable character.

The flash file is at:
http://media.adcentriconline.com/adcentric/direct/212/1356.swf?clickTAG=http://media.adcentriconline.com/adcentric/click/212/80/657;id=1356

I added debug output to processObjectRequest:

khtml (jscript): Window(0x86ca3c8)::get popunder_flash
khtml (jscript): KJS::HTMLDocument::tryGet writeln
khtml (part): KHTMLPart::processObjectRequest trying to create part for [khtml
(
part): URL is
[http://media.adcentriconline.com/adcentric/direct/212/1356.swf?cl
ickTAG=http://media.adcentriconline.com/adcentric/click/212/80/657;id=1356]
kio (KTrader): KServiceTypeProfile::offers( kio (KMimeType): WARNING:
KServiceTy
pe::offers : servicetype kio (KTrader): No profile, using
KServiceType::offers,
result: 0 offers

Notice the third line  "create part for ["   and it terminates without even a
<CR>.  It just runs right into the next debug line.  It should have
"application/x-shockwave-flash]\n" there.  This site is really messy to
debug, but I think that somehow it forms this data via JS and it's getting
corrupted.  Perhaps a NULLish character is being inserted at the start of the
string?  (how?)

Immediately after this there is another processObjectRequest for
application/x-activex-handler and that one seems to work ok but I don't know
what it does.  (I just know that it doesn't look corrupted in any ways)

You can reproduce (most of the time) by selecting in the ONSALE section on the
left, "+ Next 7 Days" and "Ontario" and selecting GO.

--

George Staikos