Basic Live Connect support for java

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 10 21:03:22 BST 2002

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 07 April 2002 19:54, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> > Attached a patch and java classes for Live Connect. It works with the
> > example http://www.innovation.ch/java/HTTPClient/disp_html.html. You have
> > to put quotes around the HTML code here.
> >
> > Is something like this needed in KHTML?
>
> WOW! Yes, definitely.
> The old bug #12904 is about this, and the french website for income tax
> needs this as well .... I'm sure there are other websites which need this.
> This is great - I wanted to look into this but had no clue how to ;)
> Thanks!

The bad news is, the patch only works for Java to JS calls. The good news
is, I've attached a new patch with also support JS to Java calls. It's not
finished yet, only one level deep is supported and calls work only with
strings as arguments.
But it's enough to get www.postbank.nl working. They use some kind of
CryptoApplet for to log in. Two calls from JS to this applet are made;
document.CryptoApplet.CA_T(strUid, strPw, strChallenge) and
document.CryptoApplet.IsAppletLoaded. Both member lookup and member call
work now.
I had to hack a bit to get a synchonized call to the appletviewer. Any
other suggestions? (grep for 'dirty' in the patch)

Regards,

Koos Vriezen