Basic Live Connect support for java

David Faure david at mandrakesoft.com
Mon Apr 8 13:12:07 BST 2002

On Sunday 07 April 2002 19:54, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Attached a patch and java classes for Live Connect. It works with the
> example http://www.innovation.ch/java/HTTPClient/disp_html.html. You have
> to put quotes around the HTML code here.
> Only some members of netscape.javascript.JSObject are implemented.
>
> This patch also makes KJASAppletContext compatable with jdk1.4.
>
> Return values are not yet supported. Because libkjava.so isn't linked
> against libkhtml.so and communicates via the stdin/stdout streams, I used
> KHTML DCOP interface to evaluate the JS code. This makes it hard to
> return JS objects. Maybe a map of referenced JS objects, where only id's
> are exchanged, could help.
>
> Is something like this needed in KHTML?

WOW! Yes, definitely.
The old bug #12904 is about this, and the french website for income tax
needs this as well .... I'm sure there are other websites which need this.
This is great - I wanted to look into this but had no clue how to ;)
Thanks!

David FAURE, david at mandrakesoft.com, faure at kde.org
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/