MathML widget : XML or HTML elements?

Andreas Schlapbach schlpbch at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Apr 10 17:51:57 BST 2002

MathML 2.01: 7.1 Embedding MathML in other Documents

..
"
Since MathML and XHTML share a common XML framework, namespaces provide
a standard mechanism for embedding MathML in XHTML. While some popular
user agents also support inclusion of MathML directly in HTML as "XML
data islands," this is a transitional strategy. Consult user agent
documentation for specific information on its support for embedding XML
in HTML."

Mozilla does not support the mixture of XML and HTML within the same
document.:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/authoring.html

MathPlayer for IE however, does allow a strange mixing of HTML and MathML
http://www.dessci.com/webmath/mathplayer/authoring.stm

Go Mozilla!
Andreas

Andreas Schlapbach      schlpbch at iam.unibe.ch