Fwd: strace output

Marco Zanon info at marcozanon.com
Wed Apr 10 12:02:54 BST 2002

> I'm sure Marco can tell you exactly
> what the problem was, so you can decide whether KDE can detect
> the problem at all and maybe have a decent GUI error around it.
> In itself it wasn't a KDE error though.

no it wasn't, I had the very same problem with Xwc and sometimes
with console's cp too,
I think it was a supermount problem that messed up something when
writing to floppies: in fact, reading was ok (and it still is
with cdrom, which I continue to use with supermount),
substituting the /etc/fstab floppy line with "auto" instead of
"supermount" (and other editing) made everything clear now: I
tried and stressed different floppy disks but I never had the
same problem,
I heard Mandrake had similar problems with supermount on 8.1 and
they decided not to include it in that distro, maybe they hoped
it was better now so reincluded it...

anyway, I'm going to switch to Debian when Woody with KDE is out
:)

thanks everyone,

Marco Zanon [http://www.marcozanon.com]