[Kexi] Kexi 2.9.11 released

Robert Leleu robert.jean.leleu at wanadoo.fr
Fri Apr 15 14:44:51 UTC 2016

Je la 15/04/2016 15:47, Swarup skribis :

> On 04/15/2016 09:15 AM, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
>>

>> On 15 April 2016 at 14:47, Swarup <dinbandhu at sprynet.com
>> <mailto:dinbandhu at sprynet.com>> wrote:
>>

>>     On 04/15/2016 08:29 AM, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:

>>>         There are so many software packages which update regularly
>>>         every week with the Ubuntu update manager-- it happens
>>>         automatically. If Kexi could be incorporated into this
>>>         feature, it would be great.
>>>

>>>     OK. Do you mean official packages from Canonical or do you have
>>>     unofficial repositories added?
>>>

> Either would be perfectly fine.
>
>>>         As for upgrading the OS, the Final Version of the new Ubuntu
>>>         LTS 16.04 is coming out on April 21. My current LTS 14.04 is
>>>         in all other regards functioning wonderfully, and I would
>>>         have no other reason to upgrade given my own specific usage
>>>         patterns and needs. Upgrading would only be done for getting
>>>         an updated Kexi, and for me upgrading Ubuntu on a MacBook
>>>         Pro is not a small job. So this being the case, let me just
>>>         ask the following questions:
>>>

>>>     I can't see updates for even new Ubuntu on this web page, 2.9.7
>>>     is too old:
>>>     http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/kexi
>>>>>
>>     Does this mean that 16.04 is going to install an old version of
>>     kexi?
>>
>>     Or are you saying you don't know what version of Kexi it will
>>     install?
>>

>>>     ​ There's contact email kubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com to the
>>>     developers where yo ucan ask for help.
>>>

>>>     ​ But have you tried this advice?
>>>     http://www.askmetutorials.com/2016/02/install-calligra-office-suite-2911-on.html
>>>

>>     Now this is very exciting indeed. I will definitely try this--
>>     right now.
>>
>>     Do I need to first uninstall my existing version of Kexi? And if
>>     so, can I use the Ubuntu software manager to do the install?
>>
>>     Or can I leave the current install in place and install 2.9.11
>>     alongside it?
>>

>> ​ There can be only one version installed in one system, and the
>> system would only propose installation is ​newer version is found.
>>

> I just now uninstalled kexi using the Ubuntu software manager, and
> then followed the listed tutorial for the new install of Calligra
> 2.9.11. But to my surprise, it merely re-installed the very same old
> version which I've had for ages (Kexi Version 2.8.5, Using KDE
> Platform Version 4.14.13). So I'm afraid the tutorial is not working
> for installing Calligra 2.9.11. It just installs the ages old version
> of KOffice which comes with Ubuntu 14.04 repos. Please do let me know
> if you have a solution for this.

just to add some salt.
Running Kubuntu 15.10 which delivers Kexi 2.9.7 (much better than 2.8.5)
I added the backport PPA ....which put down the file manager, and did
not upgrade Kexi to 2.9.11

So I just went back to before the added PPA, corrected some
problems....and now go on waiting for next upgrades of Kexi by basic
PPAs, since, on another hand, I don't success to compile....
Robert Leleu