[Kexi] Re: Installing Kexi

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Wed Sep 29 15:54:07 CEST 2010

On 29 September 2010 15:04,  <Roger.Bowering at sloc.co.uk> wrote:
> Thank you for replying so quickly Jaroslav
>
> The SmartQ is an iPad clone with a triple boot (Android, WinCE, Linux -
> debian, I think)
>
> I runs AbiWord and some other applications and I was quite keen to manage a
> run a small relational database on it, but if it isn't to be.......

It's all technically possible, I found this:
"The Linux firmware that comes with the Q5/7 and V5/7 devices is an
Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) build"
at http://www.smartqmid.com/wiki/index.php?title=Linux

And I found this:
http://www.smartqmid.com/wiki/index.php?title=Smarq_specific#Software_building

You could try to find package manager and see if debian packages for
the ARM (?) architecture work.
Or use command line apt-get tools (or dpkg if you have .deb file for
kexi and its dependencies).

But as I see no kexi packages for ubuntu 9.10 on ARM
(http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/kexi), someone needs to build it.
It's good idea to contact the ubuntu developers reguralry and request
the packages. Please inform us about any success, so
http://userbase.kde.org/KOffice/Download can be updated!

Regards!

 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek
 Kexi & KOffice (http://kexi-project.org, http://identi.ca/kexi,