[Kexi] Re: Installing Kexi

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Wed Sep 29 14:35:48 CEST 2010

On 29 September 2010 14:12,  <Roger.Bowering at sloc.co.uk> wrote:

> I've no experience of Linux but I have a SmartQ tablet running Linux and I
> wanted to install Kexi
>
> I've downloaded the koffice-1.6.3.tar.bz2 and placed on the SD card of the
> gadget, but I'm not sure what to do next. When I click on that file i get a
> winzip-type window opening asking if I wish to extract the files.
>      Do I extract them somewhere and then is there a kind of 'setup' or
> 'install' file I run or

Hi Roger,
There are no details about what the device has inside and whether it's
exatendable. You may need to contact the vendor to ask about
installing third party applications and Kexi in particular. Kexi
project does not deploy software, it provides it to vendors in the
source form.
I think the device you have is not a full PC-type device and does not
run standard operating system.
Idea of running Kexi 2.x on smaller form-factor devices is more than
interesting and we have some plans for the forthcoming development.

 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek
 Kexi & KOffice (http://kexi-project.org, http://identi.ca/kexi,
http://koffice.org)
 KDE Software Development Platform on MS Windows (http://windows.kde.org)