[Kexi] No urgency to enable kexi to create composite primary keys -Must be another way then?

msjs08 msjs08 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 18:09:40 CEST 2010

Hi All
There seems not to be urgency to enable kexi to create composite primary
keys.
Then there must be another way to do the following three tables?
I thought you could only do it via a composite primary key.

Many plants can have the same common name and many plants can have many
common names.
(I created the original layout for OOOBase)
Cheers
Max

*Plants.tbl*

*Field Name* 	*Field Type* 	*Req* 	*Len* 	*Key* 	*Comment*
PlantID 	Integer 	INTEGER 	Yes 	10 	p
BotName 	Text 	VARCHAR 	Yes 	50

Synonym 	Text 	VARCHAR 	No 	50

FamName 	Integer 	INTEGER 	Yes 	10
	Listbox from FamName.tbl
PlantDescript 	Memo 	LONGVARCHAR 	Yes 	0

ImagePath 	Text 	VARCHAR 	No 	100

*PlantComName.tbl*

	*Link table/Composite Key*
*Field Name* 	*Field Type* 	*Req* 	*Len* 	*Key* 	*Comment*
PlantID 	Integer 	INTEGER 	Yes 	10 	p 	Plants.tbl plantID
ComNameID 	Integer 	INTEGER 	Yes 	10 	p 	ComName.tbl ComNameID
ReferenceID 	Integer 	INTEGER 	Yes 	10 	p 	Reference.tbl ReferenceID

*ComName.tbl*

*Field Name* 	*Field Type* 	*Req* 	*Len* 	*Key* 	*Comment*
ComNameID 	Integer 	INTEGER 	Yes 	10 	p
ComName 	Text 	VARCHAR 	Yes 	50