[Kexi] Re: Report - from multiple tables

Marcin Małecki marcin.malecki at skryba.co.uk
Thu Nov 25 11:23:46 CET 2010

Ok thanks I can see that my ignorance is deeper then I assumed :)

I should probably ask how should I design tables first so then latter
reports, forms and queries are easier to generate.

Taking step back then.

I would like to design a database that would store information about my
clients.
Following records:
1) First name, Second name, Surname, Maiden name
2) Date of birth, NIN, UTR, Date of arrival in the UK, CHB no
3) Bank name, Account number, Sort code, Account name, Account nr
4) Phone number, Phone number 2, Email
5) Address line 1, Address line 2, Address line 3, Town, Post code,
Start date, End date
6) Employer name, Address line 1, Address line 2, Address line 3, Town,
Post code, Start date, End date, Note
7) Child first name, Child second name, Child surname, Child date of birth

My concept was to have 7 tables as listed above linked by reference
number given in table one and the selectable in the other one.

For some of the clients I would only store some of the data not all.

I wanted to have 2 things:
1) Form capable of imputing this data
2) Report to print it

Is this design good you think? Or should I try something else?

Regards
Marcin Tomasz Malecki
Skryba Limited
+44 (0) 7538 450 106
0 330 660 0336
http://www.skryba.co.uk
biuro at skryba.co.uk
- ---
Member of The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
Practice Licence no: 8895