[Kexi] Re: Report - from multiple tables

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Wed Nov 24 20:48:48 CET 2010

2010/11/24 Marcin Małecki <marcin.malecki at skryba.co.uk>:

> My system:
> Kexi version 2.2.2, KDE development 4.5.1
> Ubuntu 10.10
>
> I have created database for my clients. It contains 7 tables all tide to
> one reference number set in one of the tables.
>
> I wanted to create report that would pull information from all of the
> table based on the reference number.
> The problems I encountered so far are:
> 1) I do not know how to pull from more then one table at once

Hi Marcin,
More info is needed about how the tables are joined. We have to see if
you could you use query to select the data.

> 2) I do not know how to pull specific record rather then all of the records

Parameter query [1] may be useful to select one record, however the
GUI allows only for entering the value to search (e.g. ID or text); it
is not possible to select record from table view and do something with
it (e.g. print it).

[1] http://www.kexi-project.org/pics/1.1.1/parameter_query/parameter_query.html

 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek
 Kexi & KOffice (http://kexi-project.org, http://identi.ca/kexi,