[Kexi] Re: How to install Kexi (Jaroslaw Staniek)

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Tue Nov 16 13:15:51 CET 2010

On 16 November 2010 13:07, Ian "Witty" Whitfield
<editor at federalsaints.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Jaroslaw

> Jaroslaw replied...
>> Hello Ian,
>> What is your operating system and its version?
>>
>> Kexi package(s) are available in the same places as KOffice packages.
>> This is documented athttp://userbase.kde.org/KOffice/Download
>>
>> This may help (or we may need to update this page). Everyone can!
>>

> My Operating System is Kubuntu 10.04, (soon to move to 10.10), and I
> also have Mint 9 KDE running here as well. (Sorry I should have
> mentioned this!!)
>
> I went to the page you pointed me to and ran the commands there - No Kexi!!
>
> So I thought maybe I must remove all the stuff I have done already first
> so I removed KOffice completely.
>
> I then ran the commands again - No KOffice at all!!
>
> So I rebooted the computer and then I had KOffice back BUT STILL NO KEXI!!!!
>
> What am I missing!!!????

"To obtain KOffice 2.2.0 enable the official backports repository and
update your system.
Refer to  help.ubuntu.com for detailed instructions how to add a repository:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Kubuntu
"

 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek
 Kexi & KOffice (http://kexi-project.org, http://identi.ca/kexi,