[Kexi] Re: How to install Kexi (Jaroslaw Staniek)

Ian "Witty" Whitfield editor at federalsaints.net
Tue Nov 16 13:07:08 CET 2010

Thanks for the reply Jaroslaw

> <editor at federalsaints.net>  wrote:
>
>> >  Hi All
>> >
>> >  New to this list.
>> >
>> >  For the past few days I have been trying to get hold of Kexi to try it
>> >  out as a replacement for OOBase. But I'm having no luck!!

Jaroslaw replied...
> Hello Ian,
> What is your operating system and its version?
>
> Kexi package(s) are available in the same places as KOffice packages.
> This is documented athttp://userbase.kde.org/KOffice/Download
>
> This may help (or we may need to update this page). Everyone can!

My Operating System is Kubuntu 10.04, (soon to move to 10.10), and I
also have Mint 9 KDE running here as well. (Sorry I should have
mentioned this!!)

I went to the page you pointed me to and ran the commands there - No Kexi!!

So I thought maybe I must remove all the stuff I have done already first
so I removed KOffice completely.

I then ran the commands again - No KOffice at all!!

So I rebooted the computer and then I had KOffice back BUT STILL NO KEXI!!!!

What am I missing!!!????

I thought this program was a 'Stand Alone' program OR part of the KO
Suite. If it is I prefer 'Stand Alone' BUT how oh how can I get it
installed????

Thanks for the help.

Ian Whitfield.