[Kexi] Kexi on OpenSuSE Linux 11.2

Jaroslaw S kexipl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 09:04:12 CET 2010

On 11 March 2010 02:39, scott <svetter at ameritech.net> wrote:
>   Unfortunately Kexi is not included with OpenSuSE 11.2 nor in any of
> the online repositories.  So, I'm left to build it via the source code.
> The Koffice build code was not included but have installed it.  Anyone
> have experience building Kexi on OpenSuSE?  Any recommendations?

Hi Scott,
Kexi will be shipped with KOffice 2.2. So to build before the release,
one needs to use the source code from KDE Subversion.
Please follow the "How to build KOffice" link on
http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
Kexi is enabled in the default KOffice build.
To radically speed up the build by controling which application is
compiled by setting BUILD_* variable in {builddir}/CMakeCache.txt
after invoking cmake, before actual build. E.g. set BUILD_kword to OFF
to disable kword build.

 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek
 Kexi & KOffice (http://www.kexi-project.org, http://www.koffice.org)
 KDE Software Development Platform on MS Windows (http://windows.kde.org)