[Kexi] Access to Kexi conversion?

Jaroslaw S kexipl at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 17:51:42 CET 2010

Hi Kent.
Thanks for trying Kexi.
A good idea is to contact Microsoft and request specification
document(s) that can unlock your own data and designs. The contact is
Paul Lorimer, Group Manager, Microsoft Office Interoperability.

See http://blogs.msdn.com/interoperability/
There are also forums:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx

If you and other users show enough of interest, chances are that MS
stops ignoring the demand. It is also good idea to contact your local
country's standards body/open stadnards/free software/consumer
rights/government representative and communicate your needs and
importance of the problem.

As you can imagine, developers like us, are rather overworked, so
cannot handle extra tasks like lobbying...

Technical hint: It is sometimes suggested that using ODBC is the
solution but ODBC has nothing to do with forms' and reports' format -
it gives you just binary blobs (this alone is already possible without
ODBC). And using ODBC certainly requires access to a Windows+MS Access
machine.

 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek
 Kexi & KOffice (http://www.kexi-project.org, http://www.koffice.org)
 KDE Software Development Platform on MS Windows (http://windows.kde.org)