[Kexi] can't use kexi's help

Nopposan lionzcub at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 16:46:30 CET 2010

Thank you for your prompt response, Jaroslaw.

"This does not look as kexi problem, as you have explained yourself."

I didn't come to this forum to blame kexi for the problem but the problem
was affecting my ability to use kexi.  Still, I wonder why it is that other
KDE software doesn't give me any error when I try to open the help menu.
For example, when I open Kompozer and navigate to Help --> Help Contents, it
opens a manual with a detailed contents menu displayed in the sidebar.

"A simple "Could not find service 'khelpcenter'" google query shows:
http://groups.google.com/group/ubuntu-au/browse_thread/thread/7b9615da96b51bb6?pli=1"

Yes.  I did find this web page earlier and I read it; The post is describing
a very similar problem.  However, the posts initiator has not confirmed that
his problem is solved.  He does say that "some" of his KDE programs will not
open khelpcenter and display the exact error that I'm getting.  If the
problem were with khelpcenter, and not the way that the KDE programs
reference khelpcenter, then why is it that some of his KDE programs are able
to open their help?  Anyway, as you suggested, I took the advice of the
responder to that post and checked that all of the dependencies for
khelpcenter4 are met; I also checked to be sure that there were no known
conflicting softwares installed -- both checks turned up nothing.

You could try to google for it even more.

Yes, I have done some Googling on it but I haven't turned up any solutions
yet; also, Google returned very many irrelevant results on a simple search
and it returned nothing when I gave it the whole error message as a text
string.  Therefore, I came to this mail list and registered.

"But if you google for "kexi handbook", you will find:

http://docs.kde.org/development/en/koffice/kexi/

This may be quick solution for you."

Thank you for pointing that out.  While this is a good temporary solution,
I'd still like to be able to use the help menu from within Kexi.

Please let me know if you can think of any other possible solutions or ways
to pinpoint the problem.

Cheers.