[Kexi] Building kexi

Colin Hersom kexi at soft-hedgehog.co.uk
Mon Apr 19 15:41:29 CEST 2010

Jaroslaw S wrote:
>.
>>
>>  I have attempted to compile Kexi2 instead.
>
> OK. The problem may be with any plugin and not just kexi sqlite plugin.
> Did you install the software? I mean executing:
>
> % sudo make install

Yes, I did this (but without sudo).  The files are in ~/kde/install

> PS: sometimes, especially when you install a plugin (sqlite driver is
> a plugin) for the first time it helps to refresh system configuration
> cache by hand. To do that, type as normal user:
>
> % kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental

I have now done this, but to no avail.

When I start this kexi, I ask for a new database stored in a file.  It
asks for the file name - I opt for the default "New Database" and click
"Create". This then gives an error message:

Cannot find database driver ""

If I pick an existing database (created with Kexi 1.6) Then I get a box
that says:

The file "<whatever>.kexi" is not recognized as being supported by Kexi.

and clicking on "Details" says:

Database driver for this file type not found. Detected MIME type:
application/x-sqlite3 (SQLite3 database)

I have the packages libsqlite3-dev and libsqlite3-0 installed.

--
Colin