[Kexi] Please Encapsulate With Double Quotes

Arthur Baldwin eengnerd at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 8 23:37:07 CEST 2009

I would very much like to see Kexi be able to save Table Names, Query
Names, Form Names, and Report Names in any database backend (eg
PostGreSQL) in the exact form that the developer desires.  Some
examples include:

"Countries" rather than "countries"
"RMA Records" rather than "rmarecords"

I'm sure you get the idea.

This
can easily be accomplished by enclosing the name typed in by the user
within double quote marks.   When the name is inserted into an SQL
statement that is sent to the PostGreSQL backend, PostGreSQL will then realize "Oh...you want me to use the exact name".  PgAdmin3 already has
this type of support for the PostGreSQL database.  Being a former
MSAccess developer, I don't want the names I type into Kexi to modified
according to the whims of Kexi programmers.  I'd like to see them
appear with mixed case and spaces, just like I typed them, whether I
look at the PostGreSQL backend with Kexi or with PgAdmin3.

Sincerely,

Arthur Baldwin, Software Engineer
JCArtes.com