[Kexi] kexi.po.mo

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Tue Jul 21 00:08:00 CEST 2009

Jaroslav,
Thanks for your contribution.

You can translate the handbook to Czech, but this won't be official one.

The english handbook (a base for translation within KDE) was created
as a simpler version of the Polish one, with screenshots removed.
I do not maintain the english handbook, instead there is a plan to
adopt it for 2.x series of Kexi when its features are frozen. Until
then many efforts would be duplicated, so I discourage from extending
handbooks of 1.x series. Would you be interested in helping in this
regard?

Regarding .po/.mo files - these are strictly bound to given version of
Kexi, so if you take a translation for Kexi 2007.1.1, you may for
example end up with 1% of tanslations not matching your version. And
so on and so on. The files themselves are platform-independent, these
are just bound to application versions.

You mentioned you have translated kexi.po to Czech. It appears that
(http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/stable/package/koffice/cs/) that
kexi.po (1.x) isn't fully translated. Wouldn't you want to contact the
Team and update the file (if possible)? You can also ask if the Czech
translation of kexi needs a maintainer.

(CC'd to kexi at kde.org list; you can subscribe at
 Kexi & KOffice (http://www.kexi-project.org, http://www.koffice.org)
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek