[Kexi] Documentation for Combo boxes and the like

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Fri Feb 6 21:33:09 CET 2009

2009/2/6 Manfred Jung <mjung at ccm.org.za>:
> Indeed You are right with thevisible column. this seems to be the collum
> that gets displayed when a selection has been made and the drop down combo
> box is closed. Nevertheless kexi displays mor than one column in the drop
> down part of the combo box if the underlying table has more than one column.
> This is nice but it would be better to find a way to decide which columns
> gets displayed and in which order. But I understand kexi is a project in
> progress.

You have no gui for setting up this yet even while the file format
allows for such definitions.

> One more question if I may. There seems to be no wiggit  to display a table
> in a form. (ie more than one  record in a list). I would need this in a form
> to display all phone numbers of a particular contact. The phone numbers are
> saved in a seperate table since on person can have many phone numbers. Or is
> there a better/different way of doing this in kexi?

Your use case is important, and by the way, it is similar to subforms
-- if we look at the way of interaction of the table view with the
parent form, it's similar to how subform interacts with the parent
form. Both things are on the TODO list, subforms first, then
sub-table-views.