[Kexi] Kexi development

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Wed Dec 23 13:02:46 CET 2009

On Wednesday 23 December 2009 11:04:33 Jaroslaw S wrote:

> > May I make a suggestion?  Why not start your documentation drafts on
> > userbase? You can either mark it with an info-box as being for the coming
> > Kexi 2.x series and link it from the existing Kexi page, or you can
> > simply leave it unattached to existing pages until you are sure that it
> > represents the final UI.  I'll give any help that's needed.  I haven't
> > played with Kexi for a while, but I'd certainly be interested in
> > user-testing, so our interests could be combined.  The finished result
> > can be made available both as userbase pages and as docbook content for
> > the help-center.
>
> Good Idea.
> Even while Bob has no access to Kexi 2.x yet, a good start is to
> carefully migrate 1.x documentation to the userbase wiki for
> incremental updates. There are obviously parts of the workflow that so
> not change (if we don't count screenshots).

I would suggest that we handle this in a way similar to the Plasma pages - we
build the pages under the revision number, then the main page is redirected to
the current revision while an infobox tells people where to find older
versions.  The structure is partially set up, in response to a recent request
to move file-format support information - see
http://userbase.kde.org/Kexi/1.6/Text for an example.

So we would start with creating the page Kexi/2.2/Kexi and then any subpages
needed would be Kexi/2.2/PageName.  Does that sound OK?  The existing
documentation can be put under the 1.6 section - I'll help with that if you
wish.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group