[Kexi] Kexi development

Jaroslaw S kexipl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 12:04:33 CET 2009

2009/12/23 Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:
> On Tuesday 22 December 2009 22:57:59 Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
>> 2009/12/22 Bob Mesibov <mesibov at southcom.com.au>:
>>
>> [..]
>>
>> > I've bookmarked the new TODO, etc and also subscribed to the Kexi list.
>> > Since I am not a programmer, perhaps I can help in future with writing
>> > the Help/Handbook?
>>
>> Bob,
>> That's good idea. As you know kexi 1.x has a small handbook.
>> I do not plan to update it for 1.x for obvious reasons (2.x series are
>>  coming). On the other hand, the user interface of 2.x is not completed.
>> Having this in mind of course if you feel quite strong about creating
>> kexi 2.x documentation for end-users.
>> You can start with a plain text. If it's to early for you, since I
>> heard you have no access to kexi 2.x; I suggest to wait with that for
>> stable version.
>>
> May I make a suggestion?  Why not start your documentation drafts on userbase?
> You can either mark it with an info-box as being for the coming Kexi 2.x
> series and link it from the existing Kexi page, or you can simply leave it
> unattached to existing pages until you are sure that it represents the final
> UI.  I'll give any help that's needed.  I haven't played with Kexi for a
> while, but I'd certainly be interested in user-testing, so our interests could
> be combined.  The finished result can be made available both as userbase pages
> and as docbook content for the help-center.

Good Idea.
Even while Bob has no access to Kexi 2.x yet, a good start is to
carefully migrate 1.x documentation to the userbase wiki for
incremental updates. There are obviously parts of the workflow that so
not change (if we don't count screenshots).

 Kexi & KOffice (http://www.kexi-project.org, http://www.koffice.org)
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek